An amazing opportunity to join an award winning, fully integrated PR & Marketing agency, based in Cambridgeshire. Our client are looking for a talented Senior PR and Marketing Executive to join the team, delivering quality public relations, marketing activity and client servicing across a variety of their client programs.
Founded in 2012, they are a team of change-makers, committed to using their public relations and marketing expertise as a force for good, for the benefit of clients, themselves, their stakeholders, and the wider community. They believe that having a positive impact is not only a good thing to do – but the best way to do business, too. So, they put corporate social responsibility at the heart of the business.
Their clients are UK-based and international, operating across many different sectors including education, hospitality, construction, professional services, retail, charity, technology, travel and biopharma. Clients include AstraZeneca, FXP Festival, British Nutrition Foundation and Cambridge University Press.
Their unique approach has been recognised by the PR and marketing industry, and the wider business community. They have been in receipt of many prestigious awards including PR Week ‘Force for Good’ Award and The Best in Community Engagement Award at The Drum Social Purpose Awards.
Based in their Cambridge offices with hybrid working with 3-4 days a week office based, with flexibility surrounding this.
They are gold standard investors of people with a truly supportive and positive team culture.
As a Senior PR and Marketing Executive, your role will include:
- Contributing to the development of client plans/projects including research, competitive analysis and idea development
- Taking the lead on elements of programme implementation, initiating internal meetings, keeping on-top of action lists and delivery deadlines
- Building excellent client relationships, building trust and professional dialogue through the sharing of relevant industry news and developments
- Developing briefs for suppliers and building strong relationships with suppliers, including photographers, designers, digital developers
- Creating media and forward feature lists, ensuring these are regularly updated and amended and include the most recent forward feature opportunities
- Contributing to the creative marketing process including brainstorming and creative programme development
- Researching and drafting copy for news releases, industry news reports, case studies, newsletters, websites and marketing collateral, that is in line with the appropriate content and tone and requires minimal review by senior team members
- Issuing news releases across a variety of media channels, ensuring releases are aligned with client branding guidelines
- Undertaking proactive telephone follow-up and sell-in of news releases/features
- Negotiating placement of content across a variety of channels and media
- Building excellent media contacts across relevant sectors to ensure best added value results for clients
- Weekly collation of industry news reports
- Executing social media activity across a variety of platforms, taking responsibility for drafting and scheduling content
- Development of evaluation reports across PR and marketing activities, and social media platforms
- Scheduling and leading in client meetings; taking notes and writing contact reports and status reports, as well as the collating and issuing weekly client reports
- Overseeing monitoring of press coverage and collation of coverage reports
- Contributing to the on-going new business programme including researching targets and suggesting approaches
- 3-4 years’ agency experience, delivering a mixture of public relations, digital and marketing activity.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and enjoy working as part of a busy team.
- Flexible and open to changing priorities, possess the ability to remain calm under pressure, and be good at juggling priorities.
- They will demonstrate the ability to delegate and the potential to effectively manage other people.
- A thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office
- An understanding of In-Design and Photoshop would be helpful
Benefits include, but not limited to:
- 25 days holiday allowance + 2 extra days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Company pension scheme
- Generous training budgets for personal development
- Genuine opportunities for development and progression