Our client a leading independent strategic corporate communications consultancy is looking for a talented PR Consultant to join their successful media and communications team.
You will be part of a dynamic, hard-working and high-achieving team working across a number of client accounts spanning the creative industries, transport, construction, health, infrastructure, financial services and charities. Your role will include working on campaigns, media relations, media planning, digital communications and issues management.
This role would suit an established account executive or senior account executive with strong cross sector B2B and corporate comms PR experience experience, ideally gained working in a communications agency, or in-house communications team. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of what a news story is, how news stories are constructed by journalists and PR teams, and how the news agenda works across multiple platforms, including broadcast, print and digital.
You will be expected to support on social media and digital activity, including content creation, engagement on social networks, and use of multimedia channels for effective campaigning.
A snapshot of the role:
- Drafting and selling in press materials to trade, print and broadcast media
- Contributing to the development of strategic communications and campaign planning
- Advising clients on the media agenda and putting together media strategies.
- Drafting media comments, Q&As and key message documents on important issues
- Building media contact lists on behalf of clients
- Media monitoring, research and coverage metrics
- Drafting, editing and seeding social media content.
Ideal skills required:
- An excellent writer who can write in a number different styles e.g. blogs, op-eds, eye-catching tweets, press releases, quotes and speeches;
- Positive, with a can-do attitude and interested in the UK media landscape and digital sphere;
- Organised, with strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail;
- Proactive, good at coming up with ideas for creative campaigns and news stories;
- A creative thinker when it comes to selling in stories to the media;
- Fluent in digital media – comfortable using multiple platforms and considering how they might be used to help our clients achieve their objectives;
Other desirable attributes include:
- Experience with photo/video editing;
- Experience producing podcasts;
- Understanding of UK politics / the policy environment
This is a great opportunity for a first rate senior account executive or account manager who values working in consultancy offering a collegiate culture, with a strong track record of supporting career development and making a real investment in training and mentoring.