We have partnered with a well-renowned Higher education provider to support them in finding an Insight Officer to join their growing, 50-person marketing team.
Working within their Insight and digital team and collaborating with the wider Marketing & Comms function, the Insight Officer will support the student recruitment, development, and communications strategy through the delivery of accurate, timely and actionable insight.
This role is initially offered on a 12-month FTC, with the potential to go permanent for the right candidate.
- Production and interpretation of management information, ensuring an accurate, consistent, and comprehensive insight service.
- Working with internal stakeholders to fully understand their priorities and research objectives, areas of activity and requirements and ensure that appropriate insights and support are provided
- Supporting the Head of Insight in deciding on the most suitable methodology and approach in response to insight requests received by colleagues from across the University
- Producing recommendations based on primary and secondary sector data to inform the development of the university course portfolio
- Conducting competitor benchmarking to advise on product positioning including pricing strategy, course content and brand messaging.
- Administering qualitative and quantitative research e.g. survey development and analysis and recruiting and conducting focus groups
- Management of survey software used within the Insight team including set up, monitoring and analysing surveys
- Keeping up to date with developments within Higher Education sector and youth market trends to help identify any potential impacts to the University strategy with the aim of ensuring a competitive advantage
- Work with the Head of Insight to produce clear, accurate and insightful reports for University senior management, comparing UH and sector performance or setting out insight and analysis likely to have a bearing on future University strategy, for example.
- Interpreting a wide range of data from varying sources, covering all areas of recruitment, brand and development and related activity and being able to provide clear and actionable recommendations.
- Designing and delivering regular and easy to understand reporting on student recruitment activity and campaigns, fundraising and alumni campaigns, university events and other large-scale communications projects.
- Liaising and negotiating with external agencies on the day to day running of market research projects that have been commissioned
- Building relationships with international stakeholders and raising awareness of the insight function within the university
- Working with, and supplying research briefs and relevant data to, external agencies and contacts
- To operationally manage the Data Analyst ensuring best practice and efficient use of resources, including carrying out appraisals and reviews, identifying training needs and dealing with any people management issues arising.
- Degree or equivalent experience
- Understanding of qualitative research tools & techniques
- Highly skilled in Questionnaire design
- Understanding of sampling and research design
- Highly developed analytical skills with a data driven approach to decision making
- Ability to communicate complex data and insight to a wide variety of stakeholder
- Project management & excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent excel skills
- Experience working within a similar insight/research/analytical role
- Experience of delivering complex research projects
- Experience of using PowerPoint and/or other methods to deliver compelling insight to senior stakeholders in an easy-to-understand manner
- Understanding of, and experience of working with, large, complex, relational databases
- Managing third party suppliers to deliver against priorities and plans
- Experience working within a complex organization liaising with senior level stakeholders and competing priorities.
- Strong analytical skills and a logical approach to problem solving.
- Customer-focused with the ability to effectively build rapport with senior stakeholders
Things they would love to see:
- Marketing or market research qualification (e.g.CIM or MRS market research advanced certificate)
- Postgraduate qualification
- Understanding of the admissions and recruitment process within Higher Education
- Understanding of ‘youth’ marketing
- Understanding of GDPR
- Experience of using SPSS or equivalent data analytics tools
- Experience in focus group moderation and face to face interviewing
- Experience of using Tableau to analyse and explain complex data
- Experience with survey software and building online surveys
- Experience in utilizing data dashboards for drawing insight
- Experience within the education sector – Experience of higher education marketing
- Experience working in a regulatory environment
- Experience working in a complex matrix organization
- Experience of complex segmenting, targeting and personalisation of datasets