A fantastic opportunity for a talented and experienced communications professional to join an established name in the arts and entertainment space in Birmingham. Hybrid working arrangements are available for this role and flexibility for the right candidate.
Are you are PR and Communications professional with at least 2 years experience managing communications in the arts/events sector, and has proven success mentoring a team to success? This could be the role for you!
This business are looking for a Head of Communications to lead on building and driving their multi-channel communications strategy. Overseeing a team of two managers, one officer and two apprentices, the postholder will ensure that all communications are consistent and engaging both internally and externally, reflecting the mission, vision and values of the business, and telling the overarching story of the organisation.
The responsibilities of the role
- Develop an overarching communications strategy, drawing together all areas of the organisation
- Progress the company’s reputation as a cultural leader both regionally and nationally
- Liaise with producing partners in the development and delivery of interesting, vibrant and inclusive communications plans across all areas of artistic work in order to meet audience goals
- Work cross-departmentally to support the roll-out of the new organisational values that are currently in development
- Line-Manage the Produced Communications Manager, Touring Productions Communications Manager and Digital Content Officer, ensuring the team are supported in their areas of responsibility, identifying development needs
- Build upon the success of our well established, highly engaging social media platforms through an innovative and creative content strategy
The profile of the person
- At least 2 years experience at a senior level in a PR/Communications focussed role
- Experience of coaching and mentoring line reports to success
- Experience developing communications in the arts and events sector
- Experience of managing Internal Communications including developing newsletters, producing video content and working with C-suite to develop an Internal Communications strategy
- Strong personal interest in arts/entertainment and Media & PR
- Excellent regional and national media relationships
In return, the company offers some outstanding benefits
- 5 weeks holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays which increases by one day for each years service up to 6 weeks holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays at 6 years’ service
- Flexible working arrangements offering 2 work from home days a week
- £175 annual personal development fund
If you think this role is for you, send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.