Global agency is seeking an experienced Events Manager to lead their events programme! Ideal for someone with several years' experience in a B2B events role who's looking for an opportunity to really make their mark on an organisation.
Salary: Up to £40k + profit share bonus and other amazing benefits!
This agency is a prestigious communications consultancy that has some of the most exciting brands on their client list. Their work covers the full spectrum of corporate communications, including media and PR, health, digital, creative, government advisory, public affairs, litigation communications and crisis communications. As an agency they deliver around 25-30 events per year.
- Events are both internally facing (to motivate and engage employees) and externally facing (to help grow their business in line with their marketing strategy). They also deliver events on behalf of clients to help them achieve their communications objectives.
- This role sits within the Marketing and Business Development team, and the candidate would be expected to work across their business, regularly interacting with Partners, Board, and the HR team. This role is the most senior dedicated events position, and you will be comfortable leading the events function.
- The events that the team typically deliver include employee socials (up to 300 people), networking drinks, speaker events, panels and webinars (in person and virtual), senior client dinners, receptions and parties, and much more!
- The role reports into the Business Development Director and leads the Event Executive. You will also work very closely with the marketing specialists, to ensure their external events are aligned with their marketing strategy in all aspects, from design through to guestlist.
- Developing our events offer and building the programme for the year, in line with Portland’s marketing objectives
- Overall responsibility for the successful delivery of all events
- Leading on all aspects of event delivery, with support from Events Executive, including scouting locations, vendor relationships, negotiating contracts, briefing speakers and senior guests and managing budget
- Researching, negotiating, building relationships with suppliers whilst always ensuring the best value
The ideal person
- Experience delivering end to end events
- Line management experience or equivalent team management/ mentoring
- Ability to work confidently with senior stakeholders
- Able to manage multiple projects and deadlines
What they offer in return
- Dedicated employee development
- Competitive pension, private healthcare, gym membership, profit share bonus!!
- Flexible / hybrid working